Psychotherapy & Counselling
Individual therapy offers a safe, reliable and confidential setting. It provides a relationship in which you can explore difficulties and their links with early experience, which can be outside conscious awareness, discover more appropriate ways of coping and bring about desired changes in your thinking, feeling and behaviour.
Through the security offered by the developing relationship with your therapist, you can re-experience relationships from early life and explore and establish new ways of relating that are no longer compromised by the habits that previously caused distress.
Psychotherapy may be 'short-term' (once a week up to about six months) or longer. Occasionally, short term fixed-session therapy may be offered. As a general rule, longer term work is helpful where problems are more deep-seated and have their roots in patterns laid down in early life. It is usually once a week, or more frequently when it is agreed that this might be helpful.
The sessions offered will be regular and frequent enough to provide support and continuity and enable working at depth, so as to facilitate lasting change.
Psychotherapy/counselling can be used to help with many issues, including:
- Relationships, for example: difficulties forming or maintaining satisfactory relationships or becoming involved in destructive relationships at home or at work
- Work Problems - including managing stress, finding direction, improving communication with others, developing confidence
- Feelings of Depression or Emptiness
- Problems with Anxiety, difficulties in concentration, feeling overwhelmed (including panic attacks).
- Sleeping Difficulties; (nightmares, insomnia)
- Symptoms such as: Eating Disorders (anorexia, bulimia), Self-Harming Behaviour, Phobias, Obsessional Behaviours
- Difficulties overcoming Bereavement/Loss
- Difficulties overcoming Trauma or Stressful situations - Existential Issues (loss of meaning, mid-life crises)
- Exam Stress
- Coping with Bullying or other difficulties at School/college/university
To book a treatment or buy a gift voucher please call treat's Reception Team: 01603 514195 or [email protected]
Ben has extensive experience as a UKCP registered Psychotherapeutic Counsellor and has worked for many years in a range of specialist mental health and wellbeing services supporting adults, adolescents, children, and families. He is also an experienced Trainer and Tutor having been the Principal Trainer at Thrive Approach, supporting children’s wellbeing across the country and, a Programme Lead and Tutor at Matrix College of Counselling and Psychotherapy, training students on the BSc Integrative Counselling Course.
He works in a healing-orientated manner believing in the innate capacities of patients to thrive when their emotional and relational needs are met. AEDP (Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy) is a model of psychotherapy for working with patients who have experienced traumatic events and/or relationships, that harnesses the healing potential of core emotional processes and wired-in (neurobiological) capacities for flourishing and health.
Qualifications and experience:
UKCP Registered Integrative Psychotherapeutic Counsellor MUKCP
Member of the European Society for Trauma and Dissociation ESTD
AEDP Level 3 Therapist.
A free initial consultation is held prior to treatment so that you can speak to him and ask him questions while also having an experience of the way that he works. Research shows consistently that the quality of the therapeutic relationship is significant in positive outcomes for patients. The consultation can last up to 50 minutes and will be in person at his office in Norwich, on the phone or, online through Zoom.
|Psychotherapy & Counselling||60 minutes||
Concessions are available for individual circumstances discussed in the consultation or if circumstances change curing therapy.
To book an appointment with Ben, please call treat's Reception Team: 01603 514195 or [email protected]