Pregnancy Induction Massage in Norwich
A pregnancy induction massage treatment consists of three elements – relaxing pregnancy massage, labor inducing aromatherapy essential oils and acupressure points to help induce birth naturally.
Massage – There is no set routine as the massage is changed and adapted to fit your specific requirements. You will positioned on your side on a treatment couch for the duration of the treatment with cushions under your head, between your legs or under your bump. During the massage levels of the stress hormone norepinephrine and cortisol will be decreasing due to the relaxing nature of the massage; whilst the ‘feel-good’ hormones serotonin, dopamine and oxytocin will be increasing – leaving you feeling calm and relaxed.
Aromatherapy essential oils – A tailor-made aromatherapy blend of very specific labor inducing essential oils to help assist in stimulating uterine contractions, spur things on naturally, reducing aches, pains, reducing anxiety & stress and calming the emotions.
- Clary Sage and Jasmine can help ease pain, provide relief from anxiety and stress. Also induce labor by stimulating uterine contractions. During labor Jasmine essential oils help to strengthen the contractions in a natural way while also providing comfort to the birthing mother. (Should be avoided by women before 40 weeks as it can cause miscarriage or early labor)
- Lavender helps to dull pain, ease tension, and ease aching muscles and joints. It is calming, soothing and effective in reducing stretch marks too.
- Frankincense induces feelings of peace, relaxation and calm. Helps to ease pain, discomfort and can decrease the appearance of scars.
- Rose (Rosa damascena) rejuvenates skin and tissues. It helps the pelvis to expand and open up to allow the baby to pass through and also has cleansing effect on the uterus.
- Ylang Ylang can help invoke calmness and relaxation. It helps to lower blood pressure and slows rapid breathing. Can help to balance the body affecting your mood driving away anxiety and stress.
Acupressure Points – is a technique using finger and thumb pressure on specific points on the body it can be a great way to naturally get things going. There are six major points on the body that can help to induce labor. Working on these can aid ripening of the cervix, stimulate dilation and bring on contractions.
Not recommended before 40 weeks gestation – success rate is likely to be higher after 41 weeks. You will need to get written consent from your GP or midwife prior to this treatment.
To book a Preganancy Induction Massage with Vicki click here:
Vicki started her career 17 years ago as a Massage Therapist at Neal’s Yard Remedies Treatment Rooms, after qualifying in Holistic and Advanced Massage in 2006 at the Alison Rostron School of Massage in Norwich.
Over her career Vicki has worked self-employed at other Health & Wellbeing Clinics in Norwich and joined the team at Treat in 2016, to work alongside highly professional like-minded practitioners. She loves being part of a Health & Wellbeing Clinic that gives a high level of holistic care to all of it's clients. And where you can cross-refer to other practitioners in the same profession to give the clients the best possible care.
For seven years Vicki did on-site Massage Treatments at the head office of Virgin Money in Norwich. To help improve staff well-being as part of their employee company healthcare benefits, which helped to alleviate work stress and tension. Vicki also assisted hundreds of staff members that trained to run the Virgin Money London Marathon by doing regular sports massages, which helped everyone of them to get over the finishing line and receive their medals.
In 2016 Vicki diversified qualifying with a Diploma in ITEC levels 2 & 3 in Beauty Therapy with The Norwich School of Beauty, and has carried on learning new beauty therapy skills but always comes back to her love of massage.
Vicki has spent many years enhancing on her range and types of therapies, continually improving her knowledge so she can offer new and existing clients the best possible care!
Complementary Therapy Qualifications:
- Level 3 ITEC Diploma Holistic Massage
- Level 3 ITEC Diploma Sports Massage
- Alison Rostron School of Massage Diploma Remedial Massage
- ABT Diploma Deep Tissue Massage
- ABT Diploma Myofascial Release
- Level 3 ITEC Diploma Stone Therapy Massage
- Level 3 ITEC Diploma Aromatherapy
- GHT Diploma Pregnancy Massage
- Wellmother Advanced Pregnancy Massage
- ANM Diploma Indian Head Massage
- Level 1 Distinction Diploma in Hydrotherm Massage
- Certificate in Cupping Therapy
- ABT Diploma Manual Lymphatic Drainage
- IPHM Advanced Diploma Manual Lymphatic Drainage
- Level 3 AOR Diploma Reflexology
- CThA Diploma Hopi Ear Candling
Beauty Therapy Qualifications:
- Level 2 ITEC Diploma in Beauty Therapy
- Level 3 ITEC Diploma in Beauty Therapy
- BABTAC Diploma in Individual Eyelash Extensions
- ABT Diploma in Quick Dip Acrylics
- GBT Diploma in Lash Perming & Lash Lifting
- Nail Technician certificate in Bio Sculpture Gel Overlay
|Aromatherapy Massage||30/45/60/90 mins||£32/£45/£50/£70|
|Holistic Massage||30/45/60/90 mins||£32/£45/£50/£70|
|Deep Tissue Massage||45/60/90 mins||£45/£50/£70|
|Cupping & Deep Tissue Massage||45/60/90 mins||£45/£50/£70|
|Sports Massage||45/60/90 mins||£45/£50/£70|
|Pregnancy Massage||45/60/90 mins||£45/£50/£70|
|Pregnancy Induction Massage||60/90 mins||£50/£70|
|Stone Therapy Massage||60/90 mins||£50/£70|
|Indian Head Massage - Seated||30/45/60 mins||£30/£40/£45|
|Indian Head Massage - On Couch||30/45/60/90 mins||£32/£45/£50/£70|
|Manual Lymphatic Drainage||45/60/90 mins||£45/£50/£70|
|Aromatherapy Foot Massage||30 mins||£30|
|Hopi Ear Candling (Facial Drainage Massage Included)||30/45/60 mins||£30/£40/£45|
Prices as per 1st July 2023
To book an appointment with Vicki press here:
For more information visit Vicki's website