Pregnancy Induction Massage
Pregnancy Induction massage is a three part treatment:
- Full body massage which can help ease tension, reduce muscular discomfort and leave you feeling relaxed.
- A tailor made blend of labour inducing essential oils to assist in stimulating uterine contractions and reduce stress.
- Acupressure on six very specific points to facilitate labour naturally.
On the treatment couch you will lie either on your side or, briefly, in a semi-reclining position, cushioned with pillows. This allows a full body massage to release muscular tension and help reduce aches and pains. The massage will also help reduce levels of the stress hormones norepinephrine and cortisol and increase levels of the "feel-good" hormones serotonin, dopamine and oxytocin, leaving you feeling relaxed and calm.
A special aromatherapy blend of specific, labour inducing, essential oils in evening primrose carrier oil are used to help stimulate and encourage the natural onset labour.
- Clary Sage and Jasmine can help ease pain, provide relief from anxiety and stress. Also induce labour by stimulating uterine contractions. During labour Jasmine essential oils help to strengthen the contractions in a natural way while also providing comfort to the birthing mother. (Should be avoided by women before 40 weeks as it can cause miscarrage or early labour)
- Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) is helps dull pain, ease tension, and aching muscles and joints. It is calming, soothing and effective in reducing stretch marks.
- Frankincense induces feelings of peace, relaxation and calm. Helps to ease pain, discomfort and can decrease the appearance of scars.
- Rose (Rosa damascena) rejuvenates skin and tissues. It helps the pelvis to expand and open up to allow the baby to pass through and also has cleansing effect on the uterus.
- Ylang Ylang can help invoke calmness and relaxation. It helps to lower blood pressure and slows rapid breathing. Can help to balance the body affecting your mood driving away anxiety and stress.
Pressure Points for Labour Induction
Acupressure is a technique using finger and thumb pressure on specific points on the body and it is a great way to get things going naturally. There are six major points on the body that can help to induce labour. Working on these can aid ripening of the cervix, and bring on contractions.
Not recommended before 40 weeks gestation - success rate is likely to be higher after 41 weeks - always check with your midwife before seeking this treatment.
To book a treatment press here:
Vicki started her career 16 years ago as a Massage Therapist at Neal’s Yard Remedies Treatment Rooms, after qualifying in Holistic and Advanced Massage in 2006 at the Alison Rostron School of Massage in Norwich.
Over her career Vicki has worked self-employed at other Health & Wellbeing Clinics in Norwich and joined the team at Treat in 2016, to work alongside highly professional like-minded practitioners. She loves being part of a Health & Wellbeing Clinic that gives a high level of holistic care to all of it's clients. And where you can cross-refer to other practitioners in the same profession to give the clients the best possible care.
For seven years Vicki did on-site Massage Treatments at the head office of Virgin Money in Norwich. To help improve staff well-being as part of their employee company healthcare benefits, which helped to alleviate work stress and tension. Vicki also assisted hundreds of staff members that trained to run the Virgin Money London Marathon by doing regular sports massages, which helped everyone of them to get over the finishing line and receive their medals.
In 2016 Vicki diversified qualifying with a Diploma in ITEC levels 2 & 3 in Beauty Therapy with The Norwich School of Beauty, and has carried on learning new beauty therapy skills but always comes back to her love of massage.
Vicki has spent many years enhancing on her range and types of therapies, continually improving her knowledge so she can offer new and existing clients the best possible care!
Complementary Therapy Qualifications:
- Level 3 ITEC Diploma in Holistic Massage
- Level 3 ITEC Diploma in Sports Massage
- Alison Rostron School of Massage Diploma Advanced Massage
- ABT Diploma Deep Tissue Massage
- ABT Diploma Myofascial Release
- Level 3 ITEC Diploma in Stone Therapy Massage
- Level 3 ITEC Diploma in Aromatherapy
- GHT Diploma in Pregnancy Massage
- Wellmother Advanced Pregnancy Massage
- ANM Diploma Indian Head Massage
- Level 1 Distinction Diploma in Hydrotherm Massage
- Certificate in Cupping Therapy
- ABT Diploma Manual Lymphatic Drainage Massage
- Level 3 AOR Diploma in Reflexology
- CThA Diploma Hopi Ear Candling
Beauty Therapy Qualifications:
- Level 2 ITEC Diploma in Beauty Therapy
- Level 3 ITEC Diploma in Beauty Therapy
- BABTAC Diploma in Individual Eyelash Extensions
- ABT Diploma in Quick Dip Acrylics
- GBT Diploma in Lash Perming & Lash Lifting
- Nail Technician certificate in Bio Sculpture Gel Overlay
|Aromatherapy Massage||45/60/90 mins||£40/£45/£65|
|Holistic Massage||45/60/90 mins||£40/£45/£65|
|Deep Tissue Massage||45/60/90 mins||£40/£45/£65|
|Sports Massage||45/60/90 mins||£40/£45/£65|
|Pregnancy Massage||45/60/90 mins||£40/£45/£65|
|Pregnancy Induction Massage||60/90 mins||£45/£65|
|Stone Therapy Massage||45/60/90 mins||£40/£45/£65|
|Hydrotherm Massage||60/90 mins||£45/£65|
|Indian Head Massage||45/60 mins||£35/£40|
|Manual Lymphatic Drainage Massage||45/60/90 mins||£40/£45/£65|
|Cupping & Deep Tissue Massage||45/60/90 mins||£40/£45/£65|
|Dual/Couples Massage||60/90 mins||£90/£130|
|Hopi Ear Candling (Facial Drainage Massage Included)||45/60 mins||£35/£40|
To book an appointment with Vicki press here:
For more information visit Vicki's website
Vicki is also fully qualified in Beauty Therapy Treatments