Pregnancy Induction Massage
Pregnancy Induction massage is a three part treatment
- Full body massage which can help ease tension, reduce muscular discomfort and leave you feeling relaxed.
- A tailor made blend of labour inducing essential oils to assist in stimulating uterine contractions and reduce stress.
- Acupressure on six very specific points to facilitate labour naturally.
On the treatment couch you will lie either on your side or, briefly, in a semi-reclining position, cushioned with pillows. This allows a full body massage to release muscular tension and help reduce aches and pains. The massage will also help reduce levels of the stress hormones norepinephrine and cortisol and increase levels of the "feel-good" hormones serotonin, dopamine and oxytocin, leaving you feeling relaxed and calm.
A special aromatherapy blend of specific, labour inducing, essential oils in evening primrose carrier oil are used to help stimulate and encourage the natural onset labour.
- Clary Sage (Salvia sclarea) and Jasmine (Jasminum grandiflorum) can help ease pain, provide relief from anxiety and stress. Also induce labour by stimulating uterine contractions. During labour Jasmine essential oils help to strengthen the contractions in a natural way while also providing comfort to the birthing mother. (Should be avoided by women before 40 weeks as it can cause miscarrage or early labour)
- Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) is helps dull pain, ease tension, and aching muscles and joints. It is calming, soothing and effective in reducing stretch marks.
Frankincense (Boswellia carterii or Boswellia sacara) induces feelings of peace, relaxation and calm. Helps to ease pain, discomfort and can decrease the appearance of scars.
- Rose (Rosa damascena) rejuvenates skin and tissues. It helps the pelvis to expand and open up to allow the baby to pass through and also has cleansing effect on the uterus.
- Ylang Ylang (Cananga odorata) can help invoke calmness and relaxation. It helps to lower blood pressure and slows rapid breathing. Can help to balance the body affecting your mood driving away anxiety and stress.
Pressure Points for Labour Induction
Acupressure is a technique using finger and thumb pressure on specific points on the body and it is a great way to get things going naturally. There are six major points on the body that can help to induce labour. Working on these can aid ripening of the cervix, and bring on contractions.
Not recommended before 40 weeks gestation - success rate is likely to be higher after 41 weeks - always check with your midwife before seeking this treatment
Treatment price: 90 minutes, £60
To Book: Call Treat Reception 01603 514195
Vicki started her career as a Complementary Therapist at Neal’s Yard Remedies Treatment Rooms after qualifying in Holistic and Advanced Massage in 2006 at Alison Rostron School of Massage. She steadily built up her client base and kept studying to gain further qualifications at the Jackie Hamilton School of Therapies.
Next came an opportunity to do on-site Complementary Therapy Treatments at the Virgin Money offices in Norwich. For seven years Vicki was able to help improve staff well-being as part of their employee company healthcare benefits, which helps alleviate work stress and tension.
At The Orange Grove Clinic Vicki kept improving on her range of therapies for her clients to benefit from adding Hydrotherm Massage and advanced Pregnancy Massage to her ever-evolving repertoire.
At A Fine Retreat Treatment Rooms Vicki went on to diversify and add to her skills and knowledge by studying ITEC levels 2 & 3 in Beauty Therapy with The Norwich School of Beauty.
Vicki joined the team at treat to work alongside highly professional like-minded practitioners. She loves being part of a team that gives a high level of holistic care to its clients. And to work in a wonderful space that has been lovingly renovated to create a calming and spacious environment in the heart of Norwich.
|Aromatherapy Massage||30/45/60/90 mins||£35/£40/£45/£65|
|Holistic Massage||30/45/60/90 mins||£35/£40/£45/£65|
|Deep Tissue Massage||45/60/90 mins||£40/£45/£65|
|Sports Massage||45/60/90 mins||£40/£45/£65|
|Pregnancy Massage||45/60/90 mins||£40/£45/£65|
|Pregnancy Induction Massage||60/90 mins||£45/£65|
|Stone Therapy Massage||45/60/90 mins||£40/£45/£65|
|Hydrotherm Massage||60/90 mins||£45/£65|
|Indian Head Massage||30/45/60 mins||£30/£35/£40|
|Manual Lymphatic Drainage Massage||45/60/90 mins||£40/£45/£65|
|Cupping Massage||45 mins||£40|
|Cupping Massage & Deep Tissue Combined||60/90 mins||£45/£65|
|Dual/Couples Massage||60/90 mins||£90/£130|
|Hopi Ear Candling||30/45/60 mins||£30/£35/£40|
To book an appointment with Vicki or to book a Couples Massage please call treat-norwich: 01603 514195
Vicki is also fully qualified in Beauty Therapy Treatments
Visit Vicki's Website for more information